Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dinner Parties, Ski Bowl & Mtn. Biking

Those who know me, know that I tend to live life a bit on fast forward…. That in mind, I really haven’t let cancer slow me down!

Once I recovered from Chemo #2 and was ready to rejoin the world again, we celebrated in true girly fashion with an “Italian” dinner party hosted by none other than Super Sheryl! Two things impressed me about this dinner party - #1 SHERYL COOKED – and as far as I know it didn’t involve a microwave!!! Wow! Living in Italy for the past year must have rubbed off on her. #2 SHERYL’S FUN, CLEAN APARTMENT – Wow! Who would have known that we could have dinner with a Wookie, Elvis & Captian Kirk! Michelle, Brittany, Sheryl and I all have a special place for Italy in our hearts so this was the perfect party! Thanks ladies! Ps. Did I mention that SHERYL COOKED?

The next weekend following the dinner party gathering, I was off to P-town to visit my buddy Gary Fergus! We took advantage of a super saver coupon and the chance to ride at Ski Bowl instead of Hood Meadows…hummm – Good thing we had a coupon! Not sure if we need to go back, but it was still a fun day riding with buddies. Ski bowl leaves a bit to be desired as far as terrain goes, but it was still fun to ride with Gary, Harley and his lovely girl Anna. Even sported my new bald head! Take that, cancer! The question now becomes - Who has more hair - me or Gary?

This was a great play weekend for me! I was feeling better, showing cancer who’s boss, so I thought why not throw in a little mountain biking while I was at it! I met up with a good friend in Hood River and took on some sweet downhill sessions! Even spent sometime in the terrain park building my free ride skills! Pretty fun until the “Teeter totter” got the best of me. I tried a few times and after falling right on my chest (unfortunately on the stupid portacath) it was time to call it a day.

No comments: