Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Steamboat Colorado – POW! POW! POW!

Back to work again and this time leading a group of skiers, snowboarders & snowmobilers to Steamboat, Colorado (yes, I get paid for this job….seriously, someone has to do it). I have wanted to get to Steamboat for years and this was my chance. I met up with my super cool group (including a few that make it to the ski event annually) for a few days on the mountain. We started with a welcome reception the first night, then split off into two groups for the first full day of activity. The skiers/boarders were off to the mountain guide and fresh powder day up on the hill while the snowmobilers headed off on their own adventure. Super fun! I headed out with the skiers/snowmobilers and had a great day. Think the powder just about wiped everyone out.

Day two we again split into two groups and headed out – this time with more sun! Nice! We had a crazy pot luck Mexican night in which I sported the pink wig followed by a day at leisure, which for most of us (me too!) included another day on the mtn! How fun! The trip concluded with a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.

Great group! I was worried what people might think of my bald head (I don’t ride with a wig), but it hasn’t been a problem so far! Everyone has been super cool Great groups to travel with – haven’t had a challenging one yet during the chemo – recover – travel – chemo again schedule that I am on…

No comments: