Saturday, April 5, 2008

4th and LAST Chemo! It’s OVER!

WOW! I made it! Done! Done! Done! It was a celebration around here! This time the cancer posse included my parents (where would I be without you guys?), Super Sheryl and Shawn!


I have to thank EVERYONE who supported me through all this! My running group has been taking turns on who “has me” for each of my chemo trips. Right before each one they bring me bags (I am talking bags) of snacks and foods that I can actually eat. Everything in small little portions. You guys are so generous!! Thank you!! This time Tami included “Miracle Bubbles” so I just had to take them with me to chemo!

Eating has been a struggle for me so having things that I actually liked (tomato products for some reason, spicy foods because I could actually taste them, Crystal Lite, etc) was a huge help. It also helped that my mother was there every day practically force feeding me… I swear it brings you back to being a little kid again… “just one more bite”! As much as I wasn’t stoked on eating, I sure appreciated the effort and help – at this point I sure wouldn’t have cooked for myself.

No comments: