Monday, January 28, 2008

Thanks for the love and support!

At the moment I am in the middle of my fight with breast cancer - sort of between two storms - having recovered from surgery and not yet started chemo! One thing that has blown me away during this whole breast cancer thing is the love and support I have received from my friends and family!! Thank you all!! Without that, this entire process would be so much more challenging. People have spent their free time helping me get through surgery, made me laugh, sent cards and flowers, brought food and goodie baskets, and have even participated in running events in my honor. You all blew me away! My running group has now run two races for me! When I discovered what they did and saw the photos, I cried. It means so much. We now have plans to run a team relay race decked out in pink! It will be my first race back with the group following my treatment. Ragnar Relay 2008 - here we come!

Speaking of participation in my honor, my longtime friend, Gary, just recently signed up to climb a mountain for me! AMAZING! I would join him if I could, but will be just out of chemo at the time he does this. The climb for the cure (Rainier) will raise money to help fund cancer research. To contribute to his climb, go to:
http://getinvolved.fhcrc.org/site/TR/Climb/General?px=1096901&pg=personal&fr_id=1070&et=GswrQaAmubN178fxBzKfwg..&s_tafId=1790


The friend support continues to know no bounds! Recently I was approved to get fitted for my prosthetic breasts. These are for me to use until I am ready for reconstruction. Amazingly enough, my friends have supported me in this endeavor as well (this may well be their fav. part)!! As you can see from the photos my new (and much larger) prosthetic breasts are fun for everyone! Mlow spent her lunch break with me while I tried on different sizes and bras – she even tried the “size D” on her own tiny little body (yeah, too big for you-girlfriend)!! Wow!! Along those lines it seems that there aren’t many who can resist the opportunity to try these things for themselves (Btracy and Gary)! During a recent night out both Btracy & Swilkin copped a feel in a crowded bar! Can’t blame them because they do feel so real – I almost can’t stop touching them myself!

1 comment:

tami said...

Hey, when do I get to try those? I didn't make it to the bar last Friday.....shoot!
Thanks for the shout out on your front page girlfriend, love ya lots!